EFFECTIVE APRIL 20, 2019
HOW TO CONTACT US
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to California.com LLC by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to Attn: Compliance, 1820 Bonanza Street, Walnut Creek, California, 94596. California.com LLC is affiliated with the One Planet Ops Inc. group of companies, comprising One Planet Ops Inc. and its subsidiaries (“One Planet Companies”).
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may obtain information from you in the following ways
- When you visit the website
- Information you give us directly
- In order for us to perform our services, you may provide us with information in several ways, including by filling in forms on our website, corresponding with us by phone, email and live chat. The personal information that you provide may include contact data (such as your name, mailing address, phone number (including mobile) and e-mail address) and/or demographic data (such as your zip code, age, and income). If you communicate with us by e-mail, post messages to any of our chat groups, bulletin boards, or forums, or otherwise complete online forms, surveys, or contest entries, any information provided in such communication may be collected as personal information.
- Information we receive from other sources
- Information from Social Media
- When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, we may obtain information about you (for example, when publicly tag us). The information we receive may depend on the privacy preferences you have set on those platforms.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
- Providing our services to you and fulfilling your requests
- Provide you information you requested about our company or our company’s products or services, or promotional material from some of our partners, or to contact you when necessary.
- Carry out our services.
- Administer promotions or sweepstakes that you enter with us.
- Marketing and Advertising
- Provide you with information about goods and services that we offer that we think may interest you.
- Customize or enhance your experience with our services.
- Deliver relevant advertising to you.
- Measure and understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others.
- Service improvement and account management
- Carry out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Keep a record of your relationship with us.
- Manage and operate your account with us.
- Verify your qualifications for certain products or services and to bill you, if applicable, for products and services.
- Notify you of changes to our services.
- Conduct analysis and market research to better understand how we can improve our services, products or information.
- Ensure that our content is presented in the most effective manner for your device.
- Administer our website for internal business administration.
- Protect our interests and those of third parties and as part of our efforts to keep our services safe and secure.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share IT infrastructure with other One Planet Companies, and so we may share your personal information with those One Planet Companies to help store your data efficiently and securely. Other One Planet Companies may access your personal information to help provide you with services that you request from those One Planet Companies (for example, to help you find a home service provider) and to provide you with relevant recommendations of other One Planet services and products. These recommendations may use inferences about your interests based on your activity on our websites and apps and on other websites and apps operated by other One Planet Companies.
We may also share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Our Promoted Businesses. We may provide your personal information to the promoted businesses listed on our website. When you are redirected to their websites, their own privacy policies will apply to how they use your personal information. You can find these privacy policies on their websites and you should check that you are happy with them before providing them any information.
- Our Service Providers. In order to help us run our business and perform services you request, we may provide your personal information to our business partners, suppliers and subcontractors who provide services to us or where necessary to perform a service that you have requested. This may include to business partners who assist us by performing core services (such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, or data storage and security) related to our operation of our website and business.
- Advertisers and Advertising Networks. In order to deliver relevant business recommendations and advertising to you, we may provide your personal information to our partner advertisers and advertising networks that require that information to select and serve relevant advertising to you and others.
- Analytics and Search Engine Providers. In order to help us improve our services, we may provide information about your visit to analytics and search engine providers to help us improve and optimize our services. We generally share this information in a manner that does not directly identify you.
We may also share your information with third parties for the following reasons:
- Sale or purchase of any business or its assets. If we sell or buy a business and/or its assets, we may disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller along with its professional advisors.
- To obtain professional advice. We may disclose your personal information to professional advisors (such as lawyers or financial advisors) in order to obtain professional advice.
- To comply with a legal obligation. We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to a request from law enforcement or another regulatory authority. We may disclose your personal information to enforce our agreements with you or to protect the rights, property or safety of California.com, its users or others. This includes sharing personal information with other organizations for fraud prevention purposes.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
CHOICE REGARDING COLLECTION, USE, AND DISTRIBUTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you do not want us to share your personal information with any third parties, please email us at email@example.com or select the “opt-out” box on our online forms, but please understand that such a request will likely limit your ability to take advantage of all of the features and services we offer. You may choose not to provide us with any personal information. In such an event, you can still access and use much of the website; however you will not be able to access and use those portions of the website that require your personal information. If you do not wish to receive information and promotional material from us or from some of our partners, you may select the appropriate “opt-out” option each time we ask you for personal information.
ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We’re committed to putting you in control of your data. We maintain a procedure in order to help you confirm that your personal information remains correct and up-to-date, so that you may change your marketing preferences, receive copies of your personal information or request deletion of your information. To make a request regarding your personal information, you may email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may require additional information and/or evidence of identity. We will respond fully to all requests within one month of receipt of your request, however if we are unable to do so we will contact you with reasons for the delay.
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We also make review sections available to you. Please understand that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information. We have no control over its use and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted on this website so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you're happy with any changes. Any changes we make will be effective immediately upon posting on this website. If we make any significant changes, we will make efforts to make this clear on this website.
For residents of the European Union (and the United Kingdom), California.com LLC, email@example.com, is the data controller responsible for your personal information collected under this policy. In addition to the above, you have the following rights with respect to the personal information collected from and about you on this website:
- The right to request access to such personal information.
- The right to request the correction, erasure, and/or restriction of processing of such personal information.
- In some instances, the right to object to the processing of such personal information.
- In some instances, the right to request that California.com LLC export, in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and transmit to another controller, such personal information.
- The right to withdraw, at any time, any consent to the processing of such personal information.
- To exercise these rights, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from us, once each calendar year, information about the customer information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of customer information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately preceding calendar year.
To obtain this information, please send an e-mail message to email@example.com with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line and in the body of your message. We will provide in response the requested information to you at your e-mail address.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only required information will be included in our response.