Bennett Valley is named after the valley just southeast of town, where you’ll encounter rural homes and vineyards. This place is famous for its highly ranked schools and Bennett Valley Golf Course, making it a popular neighborhood in Santa Rosa. Bennett Valley makes up a large portion of the southeast section of town and includes the following smaller areas:
1. State Streets is situated in the heart of Bennett Valley filled with older, charming single-family homes on large lots.
2. Summerfield East is highly regarded, includes many custom homes, and has access to great schools. A large number of homes are found just east of Summerfield Road, close to the south entrance of Spring Lake Park and Trione-Annadel State Park.
3. Fairway View Estates is a quiet and convenient area filled with higher-end custom homes.
4. Montgomery Village, a local favorite shopping center, is surrounded by older quaint homes with easy access to restaurants, shopping, and live music. This spot features what were originally smaller homes on large lots. Many of the homes here have been enlarged—you’ll now see a mix of sizes.
5. Holland Heights is a hilly section of Bennett Valley, where you’ll find lots encompassing half-to-one-acre. A highly desirable neighborhood, Holland Heights is actually situated outside of the city limits and has its own water district and no sidewalks.
Kiwanis Springs and Cooper/Gordon
These are two lovely neighborhoods located further south with convenient freeway access. Most people don’t know about these hidden gems. These feature a mix of newer houses, some with attached granny units, older ranch homes, as well as townhouses. Kiwanis Springs houses the highly ranked Sonoma Academy High School and has easy access to Taylor Mountain Regional Park.