Make sure to focus on the first impression—from what you’re wearing to which flowers you’re going to place on the table—and set the scene. Here’s how.
- Clean and organize your house before enhancing the ambience. Purchase a floor lamp from NOVA of California to create that special lighting for a special night of romance.
- Add candles, diffusers, and incenses from P.F. Candle Co. (all its products are vegan, cruelty-free, and phthalate-free) to make your space more alluring.
- Throw a cozy blanket on the sofa to encourage cuddling. Try one of Sheltered Co.’s handmade weighted blankets in your S.O.’s favorite color.
- Place fresh flowers around the house, and spice it up by sprinkling some petals on the bed.
- If you haven’t already, print out photos of the two of you and put them in frames that you can place in the living room or bedroom.
Once the scene is set, it’s time to decide on your outfit. While everyone has their own individual style, dressing elegantly for an indoor date is bound to impress the love of your life. Regardless of how many years you’ve been together, getting the little black dress or the slim-fit shirt from the back of the closet brings back a vibe of formality and newfound love that no date night should lack. Show how much your partner means to you by dolling up for them as you did on your first date. Top it off with a new hairstyle and a splash of your signature fragrance.
Fun Date Night Ideas
Date night at home doesn’t always have to mean binge-watching Netflix shows and ordering takeout from one of your go-to restaurants. With a little bit of imagination and effort, you can plan a magical tête-à-tête with a multitude of fun activities. These romantic date ideas will make any night at home feel exciting.